Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: My replacement parts order review

  1. #1
    Inactive Member QNPoohBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 29th, 2002
    Posts
    1,460
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My replacement parts order came today.
    I got Sam's Wizard of Oz book, Addy's Mother Goose book and Addy's Sweet Potato Pudding recipe (which was what I added for $1 to push my order up to $30)

    everything is SOOOOO CUTE! The books are darling! Sam's Wizard of Oz is an identical minature version of the real thing originally published in 1900! It even has the copyright pages, dedication and introduction by L. Frank Baum. The only downside is that it only has three chapters instead of the whole book. But I own the book and can get a copy of the original illustrations and print them and make Sam another copy. Grade: A+

    Addy's Mother Goose in Hiyerogyphics: This is also so cute! It has the copyright page which says it was first published in 1849, so Kirsten can share and learn English. It looks just like a real antique book. The nursery rhymes are like this : Going to London to visit the (picture of a Queen). I haven't read it in detail yet b but I will later tonight. A+

    Addy's sweet potato pudding recipe. This is nice. It had the recipe from Addy's time written in fancy script on the front of the card, then inside there is the modern recipe and apparently Addy's cast iron skillet REALLY WORKS because they tell you how to season it and cook the pudding in it! This would be amazing if I a) had the rest of the set and b)liked sweet potatos
    but my mom makes sweet potato pie once in awhile so I will give the recipe to her to try.

    Grade: A (would be A+ if they hadn't retired the whole set GRR)

  2. #2
    Inactive Member JuliaAM's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 17th, 2002
    Posts
    884
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Cool! I didn't know you could get the mini books as replacement parts. Can the codes for the replacement mini books be entered into the catalog form online? Or does the online form only take things that show up on the website? It sure would be convenient to punch in the replacement parts codes on the website.

    Julia

  3. #3
    Inactive Member QNPoohBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 29th, 2002
    Posts
    1,460
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You have to call Customer service to get replacement parts. They come from a different warehouse and are shipped seperately from other catalog items.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member kamakajr's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 22nd, 2003
    Posts
    251
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    That's interesting that AG has replacement parts for retired items. I learn something new every day from you all. Thanks!

  5. #5
    Inactive Member QNPoohBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 29th, 2002
    Posts
    1,460
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    here is the link to Sail Away's website with the replacement part codes
    http://www.alaska.net/~jnoble/AGReplacementCodes.html

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •